Friday, July 26, 2013

A Partner in Crime

Who is your best friend? Do you have several best friends? I have several best friends, but until recently I hadn't distinguished the difference between a best friend and a true "forever friend". This difference was made clear to me when a forever friend and I went on a roadtrip to a concert in Vancouver. My companion was one of my closest, dearest friends, the lovely miss Micaela. On this trip with her (in her mothers van, in a city I don't really know my way around) I realized that Micaela is a forever friend. Someone I trust 100% completely, someone I can share everything with without judgement. We had several interesting adventures on our trip, and I wouldn't have been able to laugh so hard at them without her. We are partners in crime, like sisters. Her friendship is so very important to me and I can't imagine anything coming between us. She is, however, leaving our small home town and moving to Burnaby to attend SFU. Being a good friend, I wish her all the luck in the world, even though I know she doesn't need it. I know how much I'm going to miss her, so I also hope she knows I'll visit as often as possible. She'll be studying communications, and she'll be fantastic. So, to my forever friend, I wish you all the best, and thank - you for being my partner in crime and keeping my feet firmly on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment